Something is growing in your pool. Your water is turning cloudy. It's time to shock it.
Shocking your pool is a process of elevating your chlorine to high levels. Shocking can be more of a process than an event if it's not done early enough. If your pool is turning cloudy and green you'll need to act fast.
Tips for shocking chlorinated pools:
- Test your water using a professional test kit and record your results
- Adjust Ph levels first (Chlorine can be more effective at lower Ph levels)
- Shock your pool at dusk to avoid chlorine loss due to direct sunlight
- Brush, brush and then brush some more
- Let your filtration system run over night
- Test your water again in the morning and compare the results. If your chlorine levels have diminished throughout the night, increase chlorine immediately.
- Continue the process until your chlorine levels remain constant from night to morning
Remember... No swimming in the pool during the shocking process.
Don't have time? Call JB Grande at 850-625-9750.
We can take your pool from Green to Clean quickly.